Harper Industries, Inc. was formed in 1998 by an employee leadership group after acquiring the assets of DewEze Manufacturing from the Owasso Corporation. Its diverse portfolio of products provides solutions in the fields of agriculture, hydraulics, landscaping and sports turf management under the DewEze, Butler and Harper Turf brand names.
Since Harper’s inception, the number of employees have grown from 50 to 125, and more than 1,450 dealers worldwide have joined the Harper family. For more specifics on Harpers products, visit www.harperindustries.com.
Turf Product Engineer
Overview of Position
The purpose of this job is to manage the design and development of turf products such as turf vacuums, hillside mowers, and debris blowers. This role will be responsible for developing, executing, and documenting of new product development processes and current product maintenance for existing turf products. This role will have responsibility for current and new product engineering deliverables including performance, reliability, quality, cost, weight, and serviceability targets. This role will report to the engineering lead.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a 4-year accredited university or a 2-year technical degree is preferred.
• Proficiency using Microsoft programs such as Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word are required.
• Proficiency using data acquisition systems (EDaq, SOMAT, etc.) is preferred
• Strong leadership ability and good communication skills
• Ability to work with diverse people in an engineering team
• Ability to work in a team setting and demonstrate positive attitude
• Good mechanical aptitude with ability to develop product validation concepts
• Ability to work flexibly in a dynamic environment
• Understanding of CAD (computer aided drafting) software
• Direct experience with turf equipment or other off-highway products
• Knowledge of hydraulic power systems and components
• 2 years in engineering assignments to gain a mastery of complex engineering concepts.
General Job Responsibilities
• Uses technical expertise and product knowledge/experience to design solutions to meet corporate product development strategy
• Analysis of mechanical systems using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), structural analysis, fatigue, etc. for improving product development practices
• Analysis and specification of hydraulic, electro-mechanical, and electro-hydraulic systems.
• Strong knowledge of steel weldments and general machining practices and equipment
• Development of accurate drawings for communicating design intent to different cross functional groups including manufacturing, purchasing, and outside vendors
• Work closely with the product management team and sales team for defining new product specifications and designing new products.
• Work with prototype technicians to construct prototype designs
• Interface with service department for solving issues seen by customers in the field
• Understanding of manufacturing practices to develop products for ease of manufacturing
• Use of CAD (computer aided drafting) for solution development
• Responsible to stay abreast of latest technological advancements to allow for development of innovative product designs to gain competitive market advantages for Harper
• Potential to travel to customer job sites, and field test locations related to the development of engineering projects and problem resolution
Position open: Immediately
Beginning Salary: Based on experience
Bonus: Approved by supervisor
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, 3-5 references the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org