Harper Industries, Inc. was formed in 1998 by an employee leadership group after acquiring the assets of DewEze Manufacturing from the Owasso Corporation. Its diverse portfolio of products provides solutions in the fields of agriculture, hydraulics, landscaping and sports turf management under the DewEze, Butler and Harper Turf brand names.
Since Harper’s inception, the number of employees have grown from 50 to 125, and more than 1,450 dealers worldwide have joined the Harper family. For more specifics on Harpers products, visit www.harperindustries.com.
Territory Manager (Harper Turf Equipment)
Overview of Position
Harper Industries, Inc. is seeking a personable and competitive individual with an interest in turf equipment sales and promotion. This position will report to the Vice President of Sales and will play a critical role in the continued growth of Harper Turf Equipment. HII Territory Managers are assigned a designated region (territory) that will require extensive domestic travel and enthusiasm for adventure.
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant sales or industry experience
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
• Candidate must be available to work hours outside of the normal business hours as needed/seasonally
• This position will require extensive travel
Skills & Specifications:
• Passionate about establishing and maintaining healthy relationships within a vast dealer network, among the industries served, and across all HII departments
• Inspired by setting and achieving individual and team goals
• Flexibility to respond to short notice travel plans
• Inquisitive and possesses good problem-solving skills
• Resourceful, intrinsically motivated, and accountable
• Team oriented and thrives in a group environment
• Demonstrates appropriate time management, organizational, and calculated planning skills
General Job Responsibilities
• Manage a designated regional territory, making key strategic decisions that support revenue generation and division growth
• Ability to perform product demonstrations for potential dealers and end users
• Evaluate dealership performance and implement strategies for positive improvements within the assigned territory
• Oversee the procurement and onboarding process for new Harper Turf dealerships
• Responsible for training dealership sales teams and support staff on Harper Turf Equipment processes, pricing, product, warranty, etc.
• Leverage the factory by ensuring dealerships have access to all facets necessary to be successful (dealer portal, sales resources, and tools, HII service department, accounting, etc.)
• Submission of weekly internal report, highlighting activity in the field, lead progress, industry trends, economic outlooks, etc.
• Partner with product management to assist with competitive feedback, market trends evaluations and product improvements
• Assist with logistics, set-up/tear-down and promotion of Harper Turf Equipment products at national and regional tradeshows
• Responsive to fielding sales calls while traveling and in the Harper office
• Become an active member of local chapter organizations within the industry (i.e. STMA or GCSAA)
• Perform other duties as assigned
Position open: Immediately
Beginning Salary: Based on experience
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, 3-5 references the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org