Harper Industries was founded in 1998 by the staff ownership group, purchasing the assets of DewEze Manufacturing from the publicly held Owosso Corporation. Its products assist customers in the areas of ag, turf and mobile hydraulics. Harper’s sales have increased by an average of more than ten percent since the inception of Harper - total sales for Harper will exceed $24M in 2014. For more specifics on Harper’s products, visit www.harperindustries.com. Harper’s products are seen as the preferred products in the various markets they serve.
In addition, Harper Industries contract manufactures products under the Horsch name. Horsch is a German seeding and tillage company and Harper maintains a share of ownership of Horsch activities in North America.
Overview of Position
Harper Industries, Inc. has an immediate, full-time opening for a receptionist.
- Ability to provide a warm welcome to visitors and callers
- Outgoing, Customer Service Oriented, Professional Appearance
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail
- Adept technological skills (multiple phone lines, Microsoft Office, office equipment)
General Job Responsibilities
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate departments/personnel, and mail processing, as well as additional clerical duties. Welcomes visitors and directs them as needed. Ensuring friendly, professional representation of Harper Industries Inc., and 100 % coverage of front desk area. Maintains personal appearance of front office area. Reducing/eliminating clutter and maintaining a clean professional area.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate department/personnel.
- Transfers to open line or voicemail.
- Uses the paging system as needed/requested, with discretion, when all other avenues have been exhausted.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Take and retrieves messages and forwards to appropriate department/personnel.
- Manages company voicemail recordings for holidays or other times as requested.
- Retrieves and sends faxes as needed by personnel.
- Provides basic information such as directions, address, fax number, website, or other general information.
- Maintains/updates company employee directory and phone listing as needed.
- Processes incoming mail for office distribution, including additional steps for Accounts Receivable and Payables. Processes outgoing mail for post office drop off at end of business day. Assembling mail pieces/packages, ensuring mail is labeled correctly and special services are properly completed and affixed. Provide labels for outgoing mail to ensure professional result. Takes outgoing mail to post office at end of business day.
- Manages firstname.lastname@example.org email. Forwarding emails to appropriate personnel. Ensuring all email is processed daily and mailboxes remain uncluttered.
- Manages conference room calendars in Outlook. Allowing for view access to all necessary employees, as well as ensuring invitations are sent to the employee who is scheduling the room.
- Performs color adjustments, replenishes paper, assists personnel as needed, enters new personnel in for scan access, and enters frequently used fax numbers for company use as needed. Troubleshooting. Comb bind equipment manuals and price books.
Additional Duties/assignments as requested by the Administration Manager, President, and Human Resources.
Position open: Immediately
Beginning Salary: Based on experience
Bonus: OT approved by supervisor
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, 3-5 references the following email: email@example.com