Harper Industries, Inc. was formed in 1998 by an employee leadership group after acquiring the assets of DewEze Manufacturing from the Owasso Corporation. Its diverse portfolio of products provides solutions in the fields of agriculture, hydraulics, landscaping and sports turf management under the DewEze, Butler and Harper Turf brand names.
Since Harper’s inception, the number of employees have grown from 50 to 125, and more than 1,450 dealers worldwide have joined the Harper family. For more specifics on Harpers products, visit www.harperindustries.com.
Quality Engineering Manager
Overview of Position
Harper Industries, Inc. has an immediate, full-time opening for a Quality Engineering Manager. Some Saturday work may be required.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The purpose of this job is to implement and manage a Quality Department at Harper Industries. This role will be responsible for the initiation of a brand-new department within the company. Laying the foundation for the future of quality at Harper Industries will be the main task. Other tasks will be establishing quality procedures, setup of quality metrics, purchase of tools, establishing corrective action, and instilling a quality “culture” throughout the organization. This role will set the direction for the company on how quality becomes part of the culture.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or like degree from a 4-year accredited university or a 2-year technical degree is preferred.
• Proficiency using Microsoft programs such as Outlook, PowerPoint and Word are required.
• Proficiency using CMM equipment such as FARO, etc. is preferred
• Strong leadership ability and good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with cross functional teams
• Ability to work in a team setting and demonstrate positive attitude
• Ability to work flexibly in a dynamic environment
• Direct experience with Quality Engineering for off-highway machinery or similar industry
• Knowledge of Quality Inspection procedures
General Job Responsibilities
Summary of Duties:
• Assist engineering in identifying critical parts that require supplier collaboration and design reviews early in the design process.
• Lead development of quality planning tools. Deploy training on critical tools and processes.
• Establish quality standards and processes and maintain quality manual.
• Provide leadership to address major quality issues. Lead multidisciplinary team to identify root causes and implement corrective actions.
• Develop and implement quality information systems, metrics, and scorecards. Monitor progress.
• Develop and implement in-process and final inspection processes.
• Complete regular audits of vendors and their performance. Identify and communicate with any high-risk vendors.
• Lead root cause investigation of rejected or returned material and implement corrective actions.
• Lead regular review of quality issues and document causes and corrective actions in the tracking system.
• Complete inspections of in-process material, final product, and received material from vendors.
• Maintain inspection records and use data collected to identify areas where process improvements are needed.
• Perform quality audits of manufacturing processes and completed products.
• Work with vendors to identify and implement corrective actions for identified issues.
• Manage disposition of internal non-conforming material.
• General training for all departments for quality procedures and practices.
• Develop and maintain first pass yield tracking throughout processes.
Position open: Immediate
Beginning Salary: BOE
Bonus: Per Supervisor
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, 3-5 references the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org