Harper Industries, Inc. was formed in 1998 by an employee leadership group after acquiring the assets of DewEze Manufacturing from the Owasso Corporation. Its diverse portfolio of products provides solutions in the fields of agriculture, hydraulics, landscaping and sports turf management under the DewEze, Butler and Harper Turf brand names.
Since Harper's inception, the number of employees have grown from 50 to 165+, and hundreds of dealers worldwide have joined the Harper family. For more specifics on Harpers products, visit www.harperindustries.com.
Paint Foreman - 3rd Shift
Overview of Position
This is a hands-on role leadership position that directly oversees the Paint departments first and third shift employees and work. This person will maintain regular and ongoing communication between the Production Leadership, Sales, Accounting Department, warehouse staff, and Senior Leadership Staff to ensure operational efficiency and customer demands are met timely. Couple these requirements with the responsibilities that will include (but not limited to) leading a dynamic team of employees in a manufacturing warehouse setting. The expectation is that this individual will be a charismatic leader and change agent capable of driving relentless improvements and motivating team members, holding them accountable for safety, quality, delivery, and company policy adherence by leading using our company core values model.
▪ Positive attitude
▪ Emotional intelligence
• Effective communication and organizational skills
• Strong customer service skills for serving both internal and external customers
• Knowledge and experience in material flow
• Ability to lead a team of multiple departments
• Ability to solve problems quickly and be flexible
▪ Continually driven to improve processes and efficiencies
• Ability to stand, squat, kneel, climb for extended time, and lift 50+ lbs.
General Job Responsibilities
• Oversee all production departments on 3rd shift
• Communicate issues and requirements with 1st shift supervisors or other department supervisors as needed
• Troubleshoot issues that arise
• Ensure safety standards are followed
• Verify quality guidelines are met
• Actively manage personnel performance and productivity of shop floor
• Ability to accept added responsibility
• Responsible for continuous improvement and training (and cross-training) of each employee on the team
• Develop a cohesive team structure and positive working environment
• Support issue resolution including root cause investigation and corrective action tracking
• Ensure quality standards throughout the entire painting process, ensuring the highest quality of work is supported with no defects leaving a station or teams area
• Oversee and understand all areas of the paint department’s production processes, paint quality, and paint preparation
• Maintain paint and hazardous waste records in accordance with OSHA
• Order and monitor paint supplies
• Efficiently maintain product flow to meet production goals
• Implement and maintain a quality control program in paint
• Coordinate daily demands with the material handlers and supervisors on other shifts as needed
• Maintain a clean and safety compliant work environment
• Other duties as assigned
▪ Requires excessive walking, bending, stooping, stretching, and carrying objects (usually less than forty-five pounds)
▪ Requires finger dexterity for keyboarding, visual skills for reading and clear and concise verbal skills for communicating and receiving instructions
Position open: Immediately
Beginning Salary: BOE
Bonus: OT approved by supervisor
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, 3-5 references the following email: email@example.com
Must be authorized to work in the U.S., Export Control: The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. The company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOC) and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and qualifications. This position may qualify for WOTC Certification credit. See Human Resources for details.