Harper Industries, Inc. was formed in 1998 by an employee leadership group after acquiring the assets of DewEze Manufacturing from the Owasso Corporation. Its diverse portfolio of products provides solutions in the fields of agriculture, hydraulics, landscaping and sports turf management under the DewEze, Butler and Harper Turf brand names.
Since Harper’s inception, the number of employees have grown from 50 to 125, and more than 1,450 dealers worldwide have joined the Harper family. For more specifics on Harpers products, visit www.harperindustries.com.
Engineering Data Technician
Overview of Position
The responsibilities for this position are to assist engineering with new product development projects including bill of material releases, prototype part ordering, product costing, and manufacturing routing. Coordinating the new product bill of materials as well as current product bill of material changes with the manufacturing team is vital. This person will assist in the prototype parts ordering and scheduling for both the engineering and the service departments. Involvement in new product development and maintenance of schedules to ensure new product development timelines are met is another aspect of the role. Travel may be required on an as-needed basis. Less than 10% expected
• A Bachelor’s Degree in management from a 4-year accredited university, a 2-year degree or equivalent experience is preferred
• Proficiency using Microsoft programs such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Project and Word are required
• Strong leadership ability to hold members accountable for project milestones • Excellent documentation and communication skills
• Training in project management tools and methodologies
• Experience with manufacturing Enterprise Resource Systems (ERP) and their basic functionality
• Direct experience with managing engineering projects
• General knowledge of manufacturing processes and part fabrication
• Familiarity with new product development for off-highway equipment
• Connections and relationships with several prototype suppliers
General Job Responsibilities
• Processes Engineering Change Request and Notice of Engineering Change (ECRs and NECs) for engineering team. This involves entering information into the company ERP system for engineering changes and new product introductions as well as costing of parts and setting up the manufacturing routing.
• Coordination of ordering prototype parts with engineers including working with suppliers for prototype orders and delivery dates; ensuring on time delivery of prototype parts for meeting project schedules.
• Perform cost analysis of new products during the prototype phase. This involves working with the engineer to make preliminary product cost estimates for all parts including manufactured and purchased parts.
• Expert in company ERP system to include providing training and support to the engineering team.
• Reporting for new engineering projects. This task involves communication to the product management team of new product introduction schedules, creating regular reports of critical path items to meet project milestones and deadlines.
• Track engineering department costs and assist chief engineer with budget items.
Position open: Immediately
Beginning Salary: Based on experience
For additional information or to apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, 3-5 references the following email: email@example.com